Welcome to my craft blog. Sit back and relax as I show photos of my latest creations along with favorite recipes and garden photos of my backyard. ALL PHOTOS ARE PROPERTY OF GINGER CREME HOLLOW AND MAY NOT BE COPIED WITHOUT CONSENT FROM ME.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

GINGER CREAMS

Hi everyone. Yes I am still around. Just have been very busy. Here is a recipe for Ginger Creams that my mom used to make. She passed away on May 21, 2017 at the age of 95. Whenever I make these I think of her.                                                                                                                    GINGER CREAMS                                                                                         1 cup butter, 1 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 2/3 cup dark molasses, 1 cup lukewarm water, 1 tsp. soda, 1 tsp. ginger, 1/2 tsp. cloves, 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp. salt, 3 cups flour.  

Cream butter and sugar together well. Add eggs, beating well after each addition. Add molasses. Mix soda with water and add alternately with sifted dry ingredients.Pour into a greased 10 x 16 x 1 inch pan at bake at 350 degrees for 20 min. or until done. Frost with powdered sugar frosting.                      


                           
                                                                                                                                   

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Hi Becky, so sorry to hear of your mom's passing. The Ginger Creams sound delicious. I will save the recipe to try.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Hi Becky, sorry to her about your mom. How special to share her recipes with all of your blogging friends. Thank you!

Hug's, Carolyn

Danice G said...

So sorry to hear about your mother. Thank you for sharing the family's ginger cream recipe. Blessings.