Welcome to my craft blog. Sit back and relax as I show photos of my latest creations along with favorite recipes and garden photos of my backyard. ALL PHOTOS ARE PROPERTY OF GINGER CREME HOLLOW AND MAY NOT BE COPIED WITHOUT CONSENT FROM ME.

Monday, January 17, 2011

BEST EVER CHICKEN POT PIE

1 can (10 3/4oz.) condensed chicken broth
1 1/3 cups of water
4 med. carrots, thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
3 med. red potatoes, scrubbed and diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 cup frozen green beans
1 cup frozen peas
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 refridgerated unbaked piecrust (for 9-inch pie)
2 cups chopped cooked chicken, turkey or beef
If using beef, use beef broth instead

Use your favorite seasoning on the following.
Combine broth, 1 cup water, carrots, potatoes,
peas and beans in a medium saucepan. Bring to
a boil, reduce heat and simmer over low heat
at least 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 400
degrees. Whisk remaining 1/3 cup water into the
flour until smooth and stir into vegetable
mixture. Increase heat to medium-high and
bring to a boil. Spread out piecrust on
floured surface.Measure and roll, if neces-
sary to fit 1-inch larger than top of a 2-
quart shallow baking dish. Stir chicken into
vegetable mixture and transfer to the baking
dish. Place crust over filling, trim and flute
edge. Cut five slits in top. Bake until fill-
ing is bubbly and crust is browned, about 40
minutes. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Sounds yummy & easy to make!
thanks for sharing, I will have to try it!
enjoy your day
Teresa

creekside rummager said...

Hi - I checked out the watering can with the thyme. Looks good - I might try that. Also wanted to say that I love your Happy Winter shed.

Barb said...

Looks good!! Thanks for the nice comments on my blog about the horse magnets! Need to get out of my box more often!
Enjoy your day,
Barb

Sew Many Raggedies said...

Hi Becky,
Looks yummy!! THanks for the sweet comment on my blog. I just became a follower on yours.
Prim Blessings,
~Rene~

Donna said...

That recipe sounds SO good, Becky! And with all the snow and COLD weather we are having it is a perfect winter meal! Thanks for visiting me!!!... Donna

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Sounds and looks delicious Becky!

I have you entered in my giveaway. Thanks for stopping by and visiting me. Have a wonderful week~

Raymond Homestead said...

That looks yummy! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love all your photos, you're very talented!

Green Creek Primitives said...

Hi Becky, Thanks for stopping by my blog, looks like we have a lot in common. I love the shed with the old tools hanging on it. Can't wait to see more of your gardens come spring. Vicky