Welcome to my craft blog. Sit back and relax as I show photos of my latest creations along with favorite recipes and garden photos of my backyard. ALL PHOTOS ARE PROPERTY OF GINGER CREME HOLLOW AND MAY NOT BE COPIED WITHOUT CONSENT FROM ME.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

MY RECYCLED FLOWER GARDEN

My husband and I love to go rummaging at yard sales, estate sales, goodwills, etc. to find things that we can use in our flower gardens to give them that special look. Here's what we found last year. An old window and wood boxes made the perfect windowbox. An old coffee pot worked great to plant flowers in. An old painted green chair worked great to sit the old metal tub on that we planted flowers in. The finishing touch was some old plates we found. These work well in many of our gardens.

11 comments:

LibbiesHome said...

Now that looks like Spring! I can't wait to see that when I look out my window. I'm not a winter-hater, but I do love a soft spring day. :)
Thanks for sharing some great ideas!

Green Creek Primitives said...

Hi Becky, Really great ideas. I am always on the look out for things to add interest in my flower beds. I like the wash tub sitting on the chair and the window box, I guess you don't have to hang it. Great ideas, can't wait to see your flower beds this year. Vicky

Raymond Homestead said...

This looks so pretty! I think I will sit and stare at it awhile!

Sabrina @Falling Leaf Woodworkers and Primitives said...

That is one of the best gardens I have seen in a long time. I love your creativity. So nice
Sabrina

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful garden piccs! We need to do something different this year and you are such an inspiration! ~*~Lisa

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

It is official. I am a follower.
I love your cottage garden. We do the same things you do. March 19 is the first auction of the season and I simply cannot wait! We find such delightful treasures everywhere we go. I love your chickens and your signs. I have enjoyed your taste of summer and look forward to reading your future posts!
★Linda★

Debbie Geiger said...

Love your garden. adorable snowmen they are my fav.

~Madalynne~ said...

Pretty garden pics Becky! I can't wait to get back outside and play in the dirt!

peggy said...

Hi Becky, thanks for visiting me. What a beautiful blog you have. All those pictures of the kind of stuff I love, especially the garden ones. Looking forward to all your posts. Stay warm.

Leslie at SugarAndSpiceADK. said...

Becky, I ADORE your blog--especially love all of your hearts. I'm a big heart collector. And thanks for following my little blog, too! Leslie

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Your flower garden is wonderfully beautiful! I love all the accent pieces you've added. I would love to take a little stroll through it and admire its beauty. I'm ready for all those pretties to come back, aren't you?